Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Last Couple Years...

For the last couple of years my quilting endeavours have focused on fabric basket making, participating in the Great Northern Arts Festival in Inuvik (2007 and 2008) and in the Open Sky Festival in Fort Simpson (2008). I have also been involved in Ravn Cards (a quilted greeting card company) with a fellow artist from Yellowknife. And most importantly I have put much efforts into establishing and Chairing the Inuvik Quilting Guild (est. 2006), now a full operating Guild with over 50 members, receiving funding from the NWT Arts Council and with yearly class and activity calendars.

So what came with 2009--- I made the New Year's Resolution to stop buying quilting fabric and to finish quilts that have been on my mind throughout basket making and card making activities. I hope to create a post of each month focused on the projects I have finished for 2009!
The photos are of; the start of a basket display at the GNAF in Inuvik (2008) and a quilted panel that Carolyn Hunter and I created for the Inuvik Literacy Committee (2007).

shona

No comments:

Post a Comment